How to Change Your Desktop Background in Windows
Desktop backgrounds for windows
Desktop backgrounds, also know as wallpapers, are the background images on your desktop screen. They are a vital way to reflect your personality and add a certain mood to your computer. Changing your desktop background is an essential step to customizing your computer. If you want to change the background of your desktop in Windows, follow the steps.
In Windows XP ::
- Via the control panel
- Via the Desktop
- Via the Direct image
Via the Desktop
* Right-click an empty area on your desktop which opens the context menu.
* Click Properties in the context menu which opens Display Properties.
* Click the tab called Desktop in Display Properties.
Select your desktop background from the tab.
- How to set an image that came with Windows as your desktop background.
- Underneath Background in the tab, click the picture you want as your wallpaper.
- How to set an image on your computer as your desktop background.
- Click Browse… button, which opens the Browse window.
- Navigate to the image that you want to use as your desktop background in the Browse window.
- Select it, and click Open.
* Set your desktop background display options.
Under Position, select how you would like your wallpaper to be shown.
- Center centers the image without adjusting its size to fit your screen.
- Stretch stretches images that are too small to fit your screen and shrinks images that are too big to fit your screen to conform it to your screen size and shape.
- Tile tiles the picture. If the picture is smaller than your screen, choosing this option will stack the picture like tiles as your wallpaper in their original size.
* Set the selected image as your desktop background.
Click OK on the Display Properties window.